Tuesday, April 15, 2008

AMAZING IDOL!

As a huge Mariah Carey fan (mostly her old stuff) I was pumped to hear what the American Idols would be singing. This was a terrific week of phenomenal talent! It brought back visions of Jake dancing to "All I want for Christmas is you." Jake used to say dailey "Mariaaaaah hot as fiaaaare." Sorry Becky Jo before there was you, Jake LOVED Mariah.

On to the contestants:

David Archuleta - Okay as a local I have to cheer on the home boy, but his soft "Afterglow" approach to songs is growing a bit stale for me. He should still make it to the next round and not be bottom 3.

Carly - Way to pull it together. This performance may have bought her another week, but in the grand scheme of things she won't make top 3 in this AMERICAN Idol contest. Jill loved her sleeves covering her hideous tats. She may be clear from the bottom 3. We'll see.

Syesha - Tough song, but she continually impersonates all of the amazing black women singers. Mariah, Whitney, Celine, she tries the toughest songs ever written and props for that. Sayesha have a seat in the bottom 3.

Brooke - Very good song, Very good arrangement, Very good performance. To bad Very Good doesn't win at this level. I will buy Jill a Brooke White CD for Christmas next year, I'll buy it from Deseret Book, and then Jill will go to a fireside for the youth featuring Brooke White!

Kristy Lee - Good song, sure her country fans have kept her going, but at this level she should return to her regular seat in the bottom 3.

David Cook - (Sung in the note of Hootie and the Blowfish), but AMAZING. I would buy this song from iTunes! Cook could very well win this entire contest, and for those of us homers who think David Archuleta will win..... Well let's just say a David will probably win, but it may not be the David from the 801.

Jason Castro - Take a seat in the bottom 3. I know the ladies like your hair, but you can't win with just that. Islanders don't vote and that's the group that he's singing to. He should begin smoking marijuana and sing about love... Redemption...Buffalo Soldiers a la Bob Marley, if he wants to stay out of the bottom 3. Jason take your seat next to Kristy Lee.

So I realize that I have 4 in the bottom 3. Syesha, Kristy Lee, Brooke, and Jason. The bottom 3 is just a formality until the two David's duke it out in the final chapter of this season.

4 comments:

  1. Will you get me one of Brooke White cd's, too? Because frankly I LOVE the quality and timbre of her voice and I have bought all of her itunes songs, which are amazing, btw. And I loved her tonight, but I think you are right, the rest of the world might not. We'll see if my 10 votes for her keeps her afloat. Loved DC and agree completely that it will be a battle of the Davids in the finale...great post and I especially loved "David of the 801"...that could be the name of his tv show...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! I totally disagree with you on Jason Castro, he's amazing, but I do agree that he won't make it to the end. It's going to be a great couple of weeks to see who stays and who goes! I especially can't wait for Neil Diamond week......yummy yum yum! Anyway, pobably the only cd I would buy on iTunes right now is David Cook's, but I think that David A is going to win it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not peg you as a Mariah Carey fan. I don't think I would peg anyone as a Mariah Carey fan. She has an amazing voice, to be sure. She's a little hoochie for my taste, though. I love the thought of Jake dancing the night away to her tunes. Hilarious!
    I think Brooke is my fave. Matt and I think that when she's off the show and can stop singing all these songs that are out of her niche, she'll make an amazing, feel-good CD along the lines of Carly Simon or Carol King. It will be lovely.
    David of the 801 is wearing a bit thin for me, too. David of the Cook is good. I think I would buy his CD. And I agree with the rest of your assessments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I the ONLY family member who is NOT a David Cook fan? Each week I am sure the judges will totally rail on him and then they totally like him. Now I read all this blog and find that I am the out of touch one. But then again I just can't handle Moriah Carey so possibly I have no taste. How could anyone get tired of David Archuleta????? Can't wait for next week with Michael Crawford songs. Now there is some great music.

    ReplyDelete