Usher in Century 21, and who would have thought Utah has two dynamic players that dare I say could eclipse the accomplishments of our beloved Stockton and Malone? Well D-Will and Boozer had a terrific season winning over 50 games and peaking at the end of the season. Everything was going to well right up until........ Phil Jackson.
Only this time Phil Jackson traded in his Chicago Bulls Red jersey to the Purple and Gold colors of the Las Angeles Lakers. After 5 hard fought games, the Jazz roll over, at home none the less, in game 6. The only good that came from this game is that I didn't spend $500 a ticket to actually attend the game. Maybe Mom could provide some insight to what it was like to actually attend this Jazz breakdown.
The Lakers will probably go on to beat the winner of the New Orleans San Antionio game, and probably win the team from the east in 5 games or less. Utah had a terrific season, they have terrific players, and played a terrific first round in the playoffs. It's to bad they ran into a team that will ultimately win the NBA championship, and is better than they are.
The problem that vexes me the most is there are 4 all stars on this team! The Jazz stand a chance to loose some of these players this year because they can't stay under the salary cap with the all star power they currently possess. AK may have just played his last game as a Jazz player. Brewer is looking better and will probably leave to have a chance at making more money. Not that I can blame him, I'd probably do the same thing. It just sucks from a fans standpoint. It leaves the Jazz again alone at the alter left without the ring.
You'll note that this blog was written even before the end of the game. I was so bored watching this debacle, I decided to update the blog for my 3 loyal fans.
Jill and I did have a great time at game 6 of the Houston series. Notice how tall this guy is? Jill and I had backstage passes to hang with the Jazz players' families after the game. I shook some hands of the players and pretty much hung with Kyle Korver after the game.
Kandis Eat Your Heart Out!

Phil Jackson always gets paired up with the super star of the league. Why is that? I still believe Jerry Sloan is one of the better coaches in the league. The Jazz are a great group of players, hopefully they get their title within the next couple of years. Although, it may be time to look at trading AK and Booz in return for a player that will perform under pressure like DWill. Great post. Awesome picture with K. Korver. Amy was very jealous when she saw that.
ReplyDeleteI'll always have "to Candace, with love, Kyle Korver" though! And....I can photoshop my picture over Jill's, take you out of it, and I've got myself a nice momento! Seriously, that last game was awful and I'm glad that I didn't go to it either. The best part was the last 5 minutes after Boozer fouled out and the Jazz actually had a chance for a comeback! Alas, it wasn't in the cards. I'm afraid that the D-Will to Boozer is a little too similar to the Stockton to Malone....Booz just chokes in the playoffs. Anyway, it was a fun season and hopefully Jerry Sloan will get a title before he gets too tired and retires.
ReplyDeleteHey cade you have more than 3 who read your blog.
ReplyDeleteLove ya cuz
Michele
Technically Michelle there are exactly 3 who read my blog!
ReplyDeleteMake that four! I read your blog Cade although I don't always comment. Who do you think will retire first, Phil Jackson or Jerry Sloan? If Phil Jackson retires first, you think Jazz could take it all? Sweet pic! Korver's an awesome player & I would've loved to be in your guys' shoes!
ReplyDeleteLoved this post and the photo, too. How'd you score those "backstage" passes?!
ReplyDeleteHopefully next year the Jazz will make it to the altar!!