Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

2011 is a year that allowed Jill 33% greater appreciation of Mother's Day.  Last year Alyssa wasn't born yet so Jill was able to feel 33% more love this year than last year.  


Upon reflecting on Alyssa's first Mother's Day, I realized that my father, for the first time, didn't have his mother this year.  We miss Grandma Bryant.

To start the morning off, I had made a favorite breakfast for Jill, pull-a-parts and chocolate milk.  The boys loved it.  

Saturday we prepared to host my family for Mother's Day dinner.  We cleaned the house and prepared some food, and Sunday after church had them over for dinner. Here is Mom and Dad at our dinner table.  We had lots of fun setting the table with our wedding china and fancy goblets.


We also honored my Mom for her birthday.  It was a surprise of sorts, she planned on coming over for dinner, but didn't known that Shanel and Jake and their families would be coming.  


The other important mother in my life was out of the country.  Judy and Corwin have been in England/Ireland for about a week and won't be back until later next week.  I hope she knows how much we love her in her absence this Mother's Day.

Jill does so much for our family, and every Mother's Day I realize just how hard her work is.  Each year I help cook and do the dishes, and it wears me out.  I don't mean to sound like such a sissy, but when cooking and clean up takes so much time I wonder if it's worth it.  It would be so much easier to eat out every night, of course the food wouldn't be as good and we'd be broke.

The boys made a nice card for Jill and drew her a picture, and later sang a song to her in church today.  We had a nice Mother's Day and I hope Jill knows how much I love her.

1 comment:

  1. I so appreciated the lovely meal and all the work you went to. It was a great Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete