Superbowl Sunday has been a big deal in our family for many years. I grew up going to uncle Dan's house and eating delicious food and watching the game and commercials. The last few years we have celebrated at Jake's house, but because of his travel we opted to have it at our house instead. It was so much fun to "break the fast" with amazing Super Bowl food. Jill made 7 layer dip, mom made shredded beef burrito's, and Kandis, Shanel, and Becky Jo all made amazing food to contribute.
Alyssa loves to pull faces when getting her picture taken lately.
Shanel makes the most amazing Oreo Truffle's in the shape of a football. I think I ate 6 of them, SO GOOD!
While the men watched the game, the ladies visited, and the kids played. Taylor was nice and played with Alyssa.
The SuperBowl tradition usually involves Jake doing out taxes, but this year he will file them a bit later for us.
The Blue and Gold banquet was also this week. Logan got his bobcat award and his good manners belt loop!
Our family all went to see the Sacramento Kings (and Jimmer) play the Jazz on Monday. Before the game we ate dinner at Rumbi Island Grill at the Gateway. The kids love cheese burgers.
We got to the game and I saw a man in a blazer talking to Dad. Due to some crazy circumstances, and an unused suite for the night, the man in the blazer offered Dad one of the Jazz suites! I've never seen an event from the suite before. It was so much fun! The kids LOVED it!
Alyssa loves to go to games, but she doesn't love noise. As the Jazz Bear came out and throttled the motorcycle it made her cry. But with Grandma there to console her she was better the rest of the night. She loved looking through the "goggles" (binoculars).
Saturday because of the cold and snow I took Landon and Alyssa to Scheel's. It's a new enormous sporting good store. Inside they have a ferris wheel, aquarium, and playhouse. There were some long lines but we were able to do the bowling.

Congrats to Logan on his scouting achievements. Super funny about Alyssa and the babysitter!
ReplyDelete