My parents always get the most creative things from going to Jazz games.
The drama of our lives right now has been described by Jill as the Song That Never Ends. In January, on the day we left for Disneyland our freezer broke. From that time on we haven't had a freezer in our kitchen. Yes it's been 2 months without so much as a chicken nugget available without having to go to the garage to retrieve it.
Parts have been ordered and multiple repairmen have attempted to fix it. More recently a "repairman" also broke the refrigerator portion of our fridge. I asked him "what are we supposed to do for a week until the part is delivered?" His response, "buy lots of ice." Thankfully a neighbor and my dad both have small fridges. So for the last week we have been using 2 small fridges and 2 cooler chests (yes with ice). So when we wanted a bowl of cereal we would retrieve milk from the cooler chest and, just like when camping, it would drip with water from the melted ice. It always caused a mess to wipe up.
I know this is a "first world problem," because there are people around the world without refrigeration, but it's a major inconvenience.
Finally after a week without our fridge, the repairman finally declared our fridge non-repairable. Then began a 3 day fight to get a new one at no cost. Finally Sears agreed to replace the existing fridge (it was 22 months old when it broke), but it will take 2 more weeks until it can be delivered. Ugh.
We couldn't live another 2 weeks without a fridge so another neighbor let us use an extra fridge she had in her garage. It was when I installed it that I realized our current refrigerator was pretty big. Here sits the "loaner fridge" for the next 2 weeks.
It's starting to get warmer and our kids are outside now playing on the trampoline and riding bicycles. It's so nice for them to get some energy out and exercise.
Part of my favorite time of every year is when I can earn my man-card and trim our trees. I love getting out the pruners, loppers, and now chainsaw, to prune our trees. I filled my dad's truck bed and also my trailer with limbs and branches. Then I love taking them to the dump. It just makes me feel like a man when I can use power tools, drive a truck, and go to the dump. The kids love riding in Grandpa's truck, too.



No comments:
Post a Comment