Sunday, July 2, 2017

Mother's Day

For Mother's Day, I wanted to do something nice for Jill but I struggled to find a thoughtful way to show my love for her.  We had been shopping and found her some sandals and some clothes, but I wanted to do something more meaningful.  I haven't baked in ages, but I decided a homemade cinnamon roll would be a delicious way to say "I love you."

When I was growing up I remember my mother cooking cinnamon rolls in the evening to the point that they were mostly done, but then finishing them in the morning.  A hot delicious homemade cinnamon roll is amazing. 

The problem was, I don't really know how to bake.  Because technically it was Saturday night, I was able to solicit Jill's help and we prepared the cinnamon rolls together.  The rolls raised perfectly and looked absolutely amazing!  We were both so excited for Sunday morning. 



We went to bed Saturday night and when we woke up Sunday morning....... they had all gone flat!!!   It turns out we hadn't cooked them long enough.  We had only cooked them about 4 minutes of the 13 minutes they are supposed to bake.  Apparently,  we should have baked them about 10 of the 13 minutes. We still baked them and they tasted okay, but they weren't as perfect as they would have been had we eaten them the night before. 

Jill and the children on Mother's Day morning with presents they had made at school.  


Here is our breakfast.


We had a nice Mother's Day at church and Jill received a nice chocolate from the ward.


After church, we got to celebrate Mother's Day with the Bunkalls.  Amy and Jill had prepared some chicken and salads and Corwin grilled up dinner.  Brett made some amazing guacamole and Robert brought rolls.  Judy is an amazing mother and mother-in-law and a fantastic grandmother to our kiddos.



After visiting with the Bunkalls we stopped by Grandma Bryant's to wish her a happy Mother's Day. We had celebrated the week before but our gift hadn't arrived yet.  During the last week, some of her Christmas dishes came so we were able to officially give her a Mother's Day present.


We love you Mom.


Then we were able to stop by Great Grandma Bunkall's to celebrate her day also.  Grandpa Bunkall isn't looking very good.  He seems to be in good spirits but is so skinny.  He has lost so much weight; it's sad to see him so small.



We had a fun family day and I hope Jill and all of the mothers in my life know how much they mean to me.  I love them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment