It's a disappointing day for me today as I sit and view each election result roll in and is contrary to what I believe in. Do I credit the Democrats for and amazing win? Absolutely not. I can only blame Republicans for all of the things they have done the last few years, or should I say things they have not done. Here's my short list of issues important to me.
War: Is always a horrible thing. Why do the Republicans insist on fighting a war that nobody wants? It was a mistake, our leaders should have lead us out of the mistake that was made. Rather than doing the right thing they demand to stay in a very unpopular war, spending my great grandchildren's money for a cause that nobody believes in. By the way isn't Iraq making money hand over fist with their oil resources? Now they are liberated they should pay for their own damn defense! Our sons and daughters continue to pay for our leaders stubbornness with their lives.
Bailout: This isn't entirely on the Republicans but $700 BILLION! You have got to be kidding me. Lets just give everyone who has a mortgage $30,000 and let them pay their own bills and bail themselves out. There has never been a decision made with so much money at stake in such a rash fashion. Shame on every leader who voted for this.
Health Insurance: People are going bankrupt spending money on medical bills. is this money going to the doctors or hospitals? No it's going to lawyers who defend frivolous lawsuits. Leaders of the last 8 years, where have you been?
Same Sex Marriage: We continue to appoint judges who make decisions against the will of the people. Governed by the minority? When does that happen? Judicial Activism is so wrong, but here in America we embrace it. We continue to elect judges who rule against the will of the people.
Tax Increases: I swear I live in the only state in the union that loves tax increases. We vote for them every time they come around. Leaders are not so naive that they call it what it is, they like to flower it up and "do it for the children." Do you love children? Then pay an extra $4 to give to the Zoo and the same to the Aviary. If kids want to go to the zoo they should do what our kids do, and make their grandparents take them! We are an overtaxed nation and state but if we want to raise money for the zoo we can't take it from the existing taxes that are already too high, a new tax has to be levied and if it's in the name of the children we'll vote for it to the tune of 72%.
Energy prices: Sure the price of gas is only around $2.37 here in Utah right now, but it should be 1/2 of that. A barrel of oil is selling for $70. Two months ago it was twice that. This is not a problem that will be going away anytime soon. It will be back to $4 by the time I finish this post. Our leaders can only argue and bicker and they succeed in accomplishing nothing. There needs to be incentives for creative people out there to think of alternatives. And don't make me mention my friend who knows a guy, who knows another guy who has a cousin who's friend invented a carburetor that get 250 miles per gallon of gas. Don't worry it won't be coming to market anytime soon as the "big oil" companies have bought the patent for thousands of millions of dollars to suppress us into continuing to buy their oil. Okay back to reality, I know it's a big deal that a hybrid car can coast up to 50 miles per gallon, but when I was in high school I knew people who had cars that could go that far without "hybrid technology". Come on leaders lets make some progress in this area. Ween us from foreign oil and then we won't care what goes on overseas.
Soccer Stadiums: In our state leaders wanted us to have a soccer stadium despite the fact that nobody gives a damn about soccer..... Oh wait our children sometimes play soccer. Let's build them a $40 million soccer stadium. By the way I understand that 10 of the games our soccer team played this year ended in a tie! A Tie? In our country we have winners and we have loosers. Nothing would upset me more than having $40 million pulled from my pocket against my will to pay for a stadium, paying for a ticket to go to the game, pay for overpriced food at the stadium, and buying a uniform for the team, only to watch the game end with a 0-0 tie! I feel so taken advantage of.
This was an easy election for me. If someone was in office I voted against them. If a proposition wanted to increase taxes I voted against it. Unfortunately I stand alone. Today the people of our country have voted for change to increase government and increase taxes. What candidate doesn't promise change? This much I will promise you will happen in the coming years. Our taxes will increase. Spending will increase. Other countries will continue to hate us for our prosperity all the while taking our money through "foreign aid".
Did the Democrats win? No the Republicans lost it. They had all the power and did nothing with it except spend spend spend. Don't conservatives stand for less government? Where was that the last 8 years? Elephants deserved to loose.
The best Republicans can give us to replace an unpopular President Bush is a washed up old man who has zero appeal. McCain almost lost in his own state! If the candidate's own state doesn't like him how can anyone expect the Nation to vote for him?
The more a candidate promises change, the more things will stay the same. I'll finish this post the same way Oboma did. God bless us, and God bless America.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ouch!
ReplyDeleteAmen!
ReplyDeleteYou sound like one of those leaders I've been praying to be "raised up." Why wasn't your name on a ballot? I'll watch for it in the future...
ReplyDeleteCade,
ReplyDeleteIn the future I would appreciate you just coming out with how you feel already. Sheesh. Enough of this beating around the bush.
I agree with several of your points. I do pray for our leaders. They are going to need it.
so you weren't an Obama fan...who knew?
ReplyDeleteGreat post.
I love that you call it how it is...be true.
ReplyDelete