So I'm totally turning into a blogger chick with these posts entirely about my kids, but this just had to be published so all of my blogging family loyalists could see.
For about two years now the only solace Jill gets is when Landon takes his afternoon nap, and Logan gets to watch a T.V. show. In the entire day this is when Jill gets to be productive, and not chase after, clean up, intervene, or break up a fight between our two sons.
That all stopped today. After putting Landon in his crib so Jill could do her thing, to her dismay ..... he came walking out of the room. "Wait, this isn't how it's supposed to work."
Well sure it is if your boy has mad crib climbing skills.
Not sure how to fix this little dilemma, but it's captured for when his kids get this savvy and we can show him that they get their special gift from their father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can't believe that Landon can escape his crib! There goes my nice, comfortable, productive routine. I would be more upset if only it weren't so funny!
ReplyDeleteYou're such a girl blogger!
ReplyDeleteI'm kidding. I love seeing that video. It reminds me of Cole who did that even when we lowered the mattress to the FLOOR. We would hear a crash and say, "Here comes Cole!" It's not the end of naps, though. He still takes them to this day and is nearing five! Good luck. Boys rock.
Turn the crib around, he won't be able to get out from the other side because his legs aren't long enough yet. I saw it on an episode of Gilmore Girls once and it worked for them. Who said you can't learn stuff from tv?
ReplyDeleteP.S. I just read your post about running and the family reunion. Tough call. I'm ready to take over position as favorite grandchild/niece/relative though if you decide to run.
OOOh, the end of naptime is a hard hard time for the mommy. I'm with Jill though, it's hard to be upset when it truly is so funny that he does it SO gracefully!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe he can join Logan in t.v. show watching?
Don't stop with your blogger chic posts, I love them! :)
Poor Jill! I love the video- he is so excited and proud to show you his "trick". I wish I had some advice but I see Kandis has some great advise from one of the best shows ever- Gilmore Girls! Cade now that you are blogging like a girl maybe you can join Jill in watching Gilmore Girls????
ReplyDeleteOhhhhh, that so brings back memories when Uncle Keith taught you how to climb out of your crib. Life has never been the same!
ReplyDeleteI remember when I thought the end of naps was the end of the world, but it ended up being just fine--it actually opened up a whole new world of doing stuff when the kids used to be napping. Now when a new kid comes along and we start naptime routines again we feel a little housebound!
ReplyDeleteFirst the crip then it's the cookie jar...I love seeing the ambition and the determined minds of our youth today! There is a new world out there for ya Landon.
ReplyDeleteHayden was our crib escapee. It was not fun to put him back in his crib about 15 times a night before he fell asleep. We finally ended up getting his own big boy bed that he could at least get into by himself.
ReplyDeletei loved that video!! that is so cute. he's such a cutie. before you know it he'll leave you and be sleeping in a far away place and you'll wish you could see him come out of his room... sigh
ReplyDeleteWould you believe that I have my 3-year-old Ella take a nap buckled up in her car seat every day? We permanently moved it into her room and it's AWESOME! No more getting out of her bed!
ReplyDeleteI like your blogger chic posts. I just barely got into blogging! All my blogs are about my kids. I hope it's not too boring for everyone else, but I wouldn't know what else to blog about! It's a fun way to keep a family history anyway! I'm glad I found you guys! Like I said I just started blogging and now I'm hooked and it's fun finding friends!
ReplyDelete