Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Disneyland Vacation Day 2

Our Hotel in Vegas was so nice and the breakfast area was amazing.  Probably the best free breakfast area I've ever seen.  The boys feel so grown up when we travel, finding our hotel room, riding the elevator, etc. More on that later. 



We got out of Vegas before 10:00 a.m. and fueled up at Whisky Pete's.  I have fond memories of that exit as a youth.  It was once home to one of the tallest roller coasters in the world.  I'm sure that has been surpassed, but it was pretty cool at the time.  Memo to myself for next time, "Whisky Pete's is overrated and not worth stopping to fuel up when you have to pay 40 cents more per gallon of gas".

From there we stopped in Barstow, another place that brought back memories from my youth.  The McDonalds inside the train station should have been cool.  It wasn't what I had remembered.  Another memo to me, "you don't need to stop in Barstow again."

We did pick up Tanner and had Logan ride with his cousins.  Tanner and Landon fought less than he would have had Logan been in the van, so that was very nice for us.

After 2 days on the road we were all ready to check into our hotel.  Instead we opted to show our boys something they have never seen before, the ocean.  They loved it!  We rolled up our pants and got our feet wet.  The boys loved to challenge the waves and run away from them yelling, "Incoming!".



Mom's hanging back.


Even Dad got in on the action. 



Boys yelling "Incoming!"




They loved the ocean and can't wait to go back.  Luckily for them on Friday all day we are going to the beach/pool at a posh hotel right next to the ocean.

On the drive Aaron pointed out that one of my headlights was burnt out.  I had just replaced the drivers side light the week before.  I guess they typically burn out in 2's.  We found a Pep Boys and within a couple of minutes I had replaced the headlight so we would be legal and safe.  It did however delay us a little bit trying to find a store.  Luckily it's done and we could go check into our hotel

We checked into our Disneyland hotel at the Marriott Fairfield.  It's right across the street from the entrance to Disneyland, and we love this location.  The room is nice, but nothing like what we got in Vegas.  The boys helped me bring things in while Jill unpacked.  In the process I was right behind them to leave the room to go to the elevator and I ran back inside the room to grab a hotel key. When I returned to the elevators the boys were gone.  I scanned the area, and then got on the elevator to go to the lobby to see if they had left without me.  They weren't in the lobby nor out by the van.  I went back up to the room where they had returned.  In fact they had gotten on the elevator went to the lobby, and decided they shouldn't have done that and went back up to our room.  I had passed them on the elevator.  Of course we had the talk of always staying with an adult. Logan felt horrible for leaving kept on saying he was sorry.  It was a bit scary for a brief moment, then when I knew they were safe I wanted to beat them! Okay not really, but we can't stress safety enough to these young boys.

We were all so tired, rather than go out, we opted to go to the Pizza Hut on the 3rd floor of our hotel.  It was so convenient, I thought we may have to eat there every night.


Logan was out like a lamp, but because Landon had a nap in the van, he was wired until 10:30 p.m.  He almost stayed up as late as us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment