Sunday, April 17, 2011

If He Only Would Have Turned Right

The standout event of the week hands down occurred one night while Jill and I were just about getting ready to shut things down for the night.  For a while now before bed we wake Logan up and have him go to the bathroom one last time.  We've found Jill has to do less laundry this way.  A couple of times this week Logan actually woke himself up around 10:30 p.m. and he was going to the bathroom by himself.  This is a huge step forward in his progress to being completely dry at night.

Most nights when we wake Logan up, he is so completely asleep, that he has no idea what is going on.  He will go potty and then fall right back to sleep.  While watching TV,  Jill heard his door creak open and she thought that Logan had woken up.  We paused for a moment and I said, "I'll go upstairs to check on him."  I could see his bedroom door was ajar .... but he wasn't in the bathroom.  As I tried to think for the life of me what was going on, I heard him cry out.  The sound came, not from the bathroom, but  from Alyssa's bedroom.  I opened the door and in the dim night light, I could make out my son sitting in his mother's rocking chair like this.

His jammies were at his ankles and there was water EVERYWHERE!  The carpet was wet, the gliding chair that Jill rocks Alyssa to sleep in was wet, and books near the chair were wet!  I immediately called for backup and poor Jill had no idea what to expect.  In the meantime Alyssa woke up and began crying at the top of her lungs.  I gave Logan a bath while Jill surveyed the damage.  Logan went right back to sleep, and I held Alyssa while Jill cleaned up the mess.

When Jill was done and came out of Alyssa's room she said sternly, "one day we will laugh about this... but not tonight!"  Alyssa went back to sleep, and by morning we asked Logan if he remembered what had happened.  Of course he had no memory of what occurred.  When he woke up to go to the bathroom, if only he would have turned right into the bathroom, rather than left into his sister's room.  I'm not sure when the day will come when Jill actually laughs about this experience, but it must be remembered.

The weather is finally looking like spring.  It has been a bit warmer and it's been great to go outside. Alyssa's cheeks even turned pink after going outside on Saturday.  It was so nice to be outside enjoying the sun.



Logan is wearing his soccer uniform.  It's a few games into the season and he keeps scoring goals at every game.  He's so good at scoring goals; it makes me proud.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. That would have been a great family dinner story. Poor Jill. I have a story a bit like that about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you guys might not be laughing about it, but it sure had me chuckling! I'm glad Alyssa is happier lately.

    ReplyDelete