Flash forward to 2011 and the boys have been wanting to watch some of the shows their cousins have been watching, i.e. Tron Legacy and Star Wars. Problem is we aren't ready for the boys to watch this level of movie, and they really only like cartoons anyway. So Saturday night we had a family movie night and picked a non cartoon. The boys chose Cheaper by the Dozen. While I'm not prepared to crown the movie one of my all time favorites it's amazing how funny the show was this time around. I suppose the first time we saw the show we were childless, and now with a "quarter of a dozen" of our own, it's amazing how close to home the show's theme was. Chaos at dinner, non-stop talking, making messes (more on that later) and no privacy, were just a few of the themes that rang true to us.
Another show we started watching a few weeks ago is American Idol. It's not an every week show, but occasionally we turn it on. Logan has taken to liking a singer named "Scotty". Scotty is a young man with a deep voice and he mostly sings country songs. Logan likes Scotty so much that after this week's show Logan wouldn't let it rest until I actually placed a vote for Scotty. It's the first time I've actually voted for a singer on the show.
The next night on the elimination show Logan was so nervous. It was cute to see him care so much. When they announced that Scotty was "safe" the look of relief on Logan's face was priceless. Because of Scotty, I'm sure we will be watching more of the show with the top 8 remaining.
Alyssa is crawling now. She has been rolling for a while, but now she can really propel herself to where she wants to be to get into things. Here she is getting into Easter decorations.
And here she is, removing shoes from Jill's shoe rack.
It's been a terrific week because our baby is back! For the last few weeks (like 6) there have been colds, fevers, and teeth coming in, making Alyssa very unhappy. This week she is sleeping so much better, she's been happier, and now she has her lower teeth! All is well in the world when the baby is happy.


our babies are TWINNERS! Think of the destruction the two of them would cause if they were together. I can't even keep up with mine!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see her crawl. I had no idea Logan liked American Idol. Now I wish I watched it so we could talk about the singers. The boys are really broadening their TV enjoyment.
ReplyDelete