The big day finally came and he had a great time. The theme was western and when we arrived we saw a very fun "Wanted" poster for Logan.
Here he is in his brown paper bag vest and cowboy hat.
There were fun activities including barrel racing (on stick pony's).
Alyssa loved climbing into the barrel.
There was a fake bull that they practiced roping.
And the last acidity had two teams tie blue and gold balloons to their legs and try and pop the other teams balloons. Tears were shed as balloons began popping. Pretty much every scout and his sibling were crying at the end of this activity.
Saturday was Logan's last basketball game. They won again so they had an undefeated season. Mom and Dad came out again to support Logan. They watch a lot of basketball as they come to lots of Logan's games and they have season tickets to the Jazz. It means so much to Logan to have this support. He even scored again this game which made him so proud.
After the game we invited his team to come over for pizza and cake and to play basketball all together again. Here are the boys gathered around the cake.
Here are the boys all eating cake.
The other event of the week was I had my staples removed from my head. I went back to the Emergency Room to have them taken out and got there at 5:30 a.m. to beat the rush. The nurse who attended to me looked at me in a puzzled way. I thought she wanted to see my bracelet to know it was really me. She said, "no where are your staples at?" I bent down and showed her the back of my head. She must have been new because she proceeded to violate the rules of the medical profession, "OH MY GOSH! What did you do, I can't believe it!" I told her what happened and she invited her other nurse friend to come over and take a look.
My head is still a bit sore, but I am feeling well enough to begin running again.



I was cracking up at your description of the balloon popping. Yout Ward did the Banquet up big. Loved the poster of cute Logan. Love his intensity playing basketball.
ReplyDeleteSounds like it was an awesome basketball season for Logan! Way to go bud! We sure enjoyed having you over for the Superbowl! I have to say that I laughed too as you described the tears coming from all the kids playing the balloon game! It's good lessons for the kids though! Cool party! You guys are awesome!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry but the fact that all of the scout were crying by the end of the activity made me laugh out loud. Oh my. Funny how things we plan can go awry.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better!