Valentines this year was celebrated a few days early on a double date with our great friends the Utley's. Jill and I went to dinner at The Dodo and had a wonderful visit with Brett and Danylle. We see them once or twice a year and enjoy visiting with them and hearing about their adventures. After dinner we headed to Marie Calendar's for pie.
The actual day was celebrated with a Valentine gift for the boys. Lately their "favorite thing in the world and they can't live without" is Lego Ninjago cartoons and action figures. We found a game that included action figures and they loved it.
Later that day Jill's cousin Dallas Bunkall was married. I got off work just in time to make it to the reception and after we all stopped at Costco for some flowers.
The next day I flew to Detroit with work. It was a longer trip than I have been going on lately, but it mostly went well. I met with five clients and the visits all went well. The neat part was I was able to see the Gerald Ford Presidential Museum in Grand Rapids. Well the outside of it at least. I wanted to go inside but we got there just at 5:00 p.m. when it closed. Considering Monday is Presidents Day it was very appropriate to stop at the Presidential Museum and walk the grounds.
Outside the museum, along the banks of a mighty river that runs from Lake Michigan right through Grand Rapids is where the former President and his wife Elizabeth Ford are buried. There is a terrific quote by President Ford from his inauguration address where he said, "I am acutely aware that you have not elected me as your President by your ballots, and so I ask you to confirm me as your President with your prayers."
This statue stands at the entrance.
Friday we took a client to see a Detroit Pistons basketball game. The Pistons aren't very good right now so really good tickets were easy to get. We sat 6 rows from the court right at mid court. It was so amazing to see 10 huge basketball players, the court seems so much smaller with such big players. Our tickets included an incredible meal in a really nice lounge above the concourse. Now I've been to 3 NBA stadiums; the Utah, Charlotte, and now Detroit arena's.
Here is a picture of Don Rudick from Hansons Windows and me at the game.
It's always great to be home. The kids were all really excited to see me which made me happy.


I've only heard Gerald Fords wife's name as Betty. Didn't know it was Elizabeth. Love the pictures of the boys. They love presents!
ReplyDeleteHer name is (was) Elizabeth Anne Bloomer Warren Ford.
ReplyDelete