I spent most of the week in Mooresville, North Carolina where I worked in our satellite office with my coworkers. My trip went well and, thankfully, I had iPad 3 to help make the travel easier. One of my favorite parts of the trip was going on a long run right next to the beautiful Lake Norman. The terrain is very hilly in North Carolina, but my mind was engaged in working through some things and the runs were just the ticket to help me think clearly.
Friday afternoon I pulled out the kite we have had for about 8 years (6 years past it's usable life) and the kids had a ball flying the kite. I had a terrific parent moment when, after helping the boys get started, I left them to fly it themselves while I had to chase down Alyssa. I thought they couldn't possibly get the kite airborne without my help but was surprised to see that they did a terrific job. It was much more gratifying to watch them work together to fly the kite than to have them hold it after I did all the work. As my boys are getting older I will have to remember this principle and let them learn to do things without the help from their dad.
Logan has been off track this week and Jill has had a full schedule of activities. They have had a terrific week as he's been off school; they went to lunch with Grandma Bryant and went swimming with cousins.
Saturday afternoon our neighbor sponsored an annual Easter Egg hunt. We're not sure why it was two weeks before Easter this year, but the kids all had fun.
There was a lawn dedicated to kids under 3 years old. Alyssa went along picking up eggs, and then she opened an egg and realized what was inside and she opted to spend the rest of her time opening candy rather than hunting for more eggs.
Landon found one of four coveted "golden eggs." Inside was a dollar bill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment