Saturday, March 31, 2012

Riverton Half Marathon

For four straight years I have ran the Riverton Half Marathon.  It's been a lot of fun because I have so many friends who all run it together.  We have been training all through the winter and this is the first race of the year (Ogden Marathon is in 7 weeks). 

It was nice to have the support of the Bunkalls.  They are always so nice to come support me at these races. Robert was in town and he spent his birthday morning watching the race finish.  Thanks Rob. 

Here are some of my supporters.


I mostly ran with a neighbor, but after 7 miles we separated and I ran alone the rest of the race.  I felt strong on this difficult course and I ran a personal best.  There was a little wind but nothing like every other year that I've ran the race.  In fact it was a bit warm.  I pushed it the entire 13 miles and finished in 1:45:53.  It is an average of 8:04/mile.

Coming into the finish line I may have gotten a little excited.



Yes those really are green shoes I'm running in. Chocolate milk is the best treat after running a race.


Here are most of the guys I run with each week.  Missing is Nate Smith and Brandon Moncur.  The picture includes Doug Burton, Kevin Palmer, Ron Hada, Cade Bryant, Kevin Yeager, ?, Frank Hales, Randall Vickers.


Soccer has started this week and I will have pictures next week.  The weather has been warm so Jill and the kids have been going to parks and even had a picnic one day this week.  Alyssa loves parks and is always asking to "play".

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on such a great race. Amazing that you could still be smiling after running that far.

    ReplyDelete