Sunday, September 13, 2015

Snowbird All Day Pass

One of the highlights of every trip to Snowbird is spending the day at the Snowbird Center with the all-day pass.  There are some fun things to do and the kids all have a great time.  We waited until Friday this year so everyone could take part in the fun.  Brett was even able to come up for the day and join us.  We began the day at the Mountain Coaster.  It opened last year and was so much fun--we wanted to make sure we got in a few rides before the lines got long.  




Uncle Brett rode with Alyssa.  She likes to go fast and riding with Grandma and Mom isn't always fast enough.   Landon wasn't old enough to ride alone, but should be next year, for sure.





It's such a fun ride.  I was able to capture some of our group coming in at the finish line. 






After several repeat rides on the Mountain Coaster, we did some of the other rides.  The Mountain Flyer is always fun.  The kids were good to ride with each other and take turns being with each other. 




It's nice the kids can ride together and Jill and I can ride together. 


While the younger kids played in the bouncy house, Logan and I navigated the ropes course.  It was really fun.



 The boys climbed the rock wall.


We took the chair lift up to the top of the hill to ride the alpine slide.  At one time the alpine slide was the most fun ride at Snowbird.  It's still a favorite, but now the Mountain Coaster has taken the top spot.











We all rode to the top of the mountain on the Tram.  It's much easier to get to the top riding, rather than hiking, but it's but less rewarding too.  There is no reward of a large soda after a tram ride, either.    We still enjoyed the ride and the incredible views.


Snowbird has a new ride called the Vertical Drop.  There wasn't a large line, mostly because people were too afraid to ride it.  Toward the end of the day I talked the boys into giving it a try. We climbed up the staircase and put on a harness.  After being connected to a strap, we then jumped off the ledge for a 50 foot drop!  It was really scary to take the leap of faith.  I took pictures of the boys and filmed them as they jumped/dropped off the ledge.  Then it was my turn and it was scary, but I couldn't chicken out after my boys had just jumped.  I took a deep breath and jumped.  







Alyssa decided that she too wanted to get in on the action.  I told her over and over that she doesn't weigh 35 pounds so Snowbird won't let her jump.  Finally I let her walk up to the top with us, fully expecting to hear she wouldn't be able to jump because she didn't weigh enough.  The Snowbird employees surprised me, though, and said, "If she can fit into the harness we will let her jump."  I thought,  "Well let's she if she dares to follow through."



She suited up and was put on the strap.  Wouldn't you know it, she jumped!!!  I never would have thought she would do it.  I have it all on film and it's an amazing video to watch.  She is so brave.  As I put away the camera, and got ready myself, Alyssa had hiked to the top again and was ready to jump a second time!  The employee teased me about hurrying up because Alyssa was back again.  




Alyssa jumped several times before we had to go back to our room for dinner.  After dinner she came back to jump again, and this was the only time that she hesitated.  Her first several jumps were without hesitation.  They were also brave, as if she was jumping off the curb in our front yard.  This really has been the summer of Alyssa.  She is swimming without floaties, riding a bicycle without training wheels, and now she is going to start kindergarten.  She is such a brave little girl, we just love her so much.

We had a terrific time at the Bird and love coming here every year.  After enjoying the all-day pass, we packed up and drove home.  Saturday is just a check out day, so we left late Friday night.  It's always sad when our trip comes to an end, but we had such an amazing time.  (It's crazy that I didn't get any pictures at the pool.  We swam everyday but never got any pictures.)

3 comments:

  1. Keep those posts coming. It's so exciting to check your blog and have a new post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fantastic time!!! What a fun yearly tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fantastic time!!! What a fun yearly tradition.

    ReplyDelete