For a young mens activity one week Alan Wilcox was in charge and he taught us how to make pasta and then how to roll it out and cut it. The Teachers Quorum had a really good time. We combined with the young women of the same age and everyone had fun and enjoyed some really good pasta when it was done.
My cousin Amber put together a Pearson park picnic that was a great time. Shanel helped her out and they did a terrific job. We were able to eat really good food and visit and catch up with cousins, and family I hadn't seen in a very long time. For the children they had a bounce house with water and Alyssa enjoyed sliding. Logan had to work, and Landon wasn't able to come either. A really fun highlight was watching a kick ball game that got serious! Everyone had a blast and some could really kick that ball!
Fathers Day is always really great .... for ME!!! The children all have to be nice to each other and I get to do what I want!! Jill was great and had picked up cinnamon rolls from Village Baker and gave me some really fun gifts. I'm spoiled for sure. We even played some corn hole before going to family dinner.
Corwin is an amazing father and grandfather.
And so is the old man.
With the pandemic I was working from home one day and at the end of my shift I ran a quick errand and got a message from work to evacuate the building. I wasn't at work but wondered what was happening? Was this a drill? There was a construction fire on a building across the street from our building. It got out of control and grew to an inferno! You could see the smoke from everywhere in the valley. Thankfully it happened just after 5:00 p.m. and nobody was hurt, but what a spectacle.
We had a combined hiking activity with our entire youth group to the suspension bridge in Draper. We made it work for Garrison so he could go in his electric chair.
Landon is on cloud 9 as he is now officially taller than his mother!

No comments:
Post a Comment