When you buy a home that is 15 years old and has been abandoned for the last year some things need to be fixed. This first week in our new home has included daily trips to Home Depot. I'm still not exactly ready to take pictures of the place yet, hopefully soon.
Jill has worked hard this week putting things away and settling in. I've been fixing so many broken things.
All of the toilets were broken, the garage door opener just broke (which I secretly wanted because it was so loud I'd like to replace it with one that is quieter), the electrical plug for the dryer wasn't compatible so I got to replace it, and many of the blinds needed fixing.
The boys have had so much fun, this first week of living in this home. Every morning they have been waking up at 6:00 or 6:30 a.m. because they are so excited. Having cousins so close has also been fun for them. They love to walk down to Taylor and Hudson's house to play.
This week we had our first haircuts in Shanel's new salon. It doesn't even look like the room in the basement we left for them. The carpet has been taken out and the concrete painted. Walls are painted, borders are down, and of course there is a sink. Shanel and Brian have done a very nice job and it's fun to get our hair cut there.
The Ludlows seem to enjoy living here in Riverton and have loved the space their new home provides.
Work was very nice this week as I'm handing over about 1/2 of my accounts to my peers so I can focus on 4 accounts. While it is tough giving up accounts that I have built up, I'm working way too hard and can't do the job the right way. With less responsibilities I should regain control of my work life and I might even be able to take a few days off this year (like in June when Jill has our baby). For a few months I've been telling my boss that I've been running a marathon at a 5K pace. Something has to give.
Saturday was fun as Jill and I spent 1/2 a day organizing the basement. When we moved, so many things ended up being stacked in the basement without rhyme or reason. The food storage room is set, but there is still quite a bit to organize. Our efforts were cut short as Mom and Dad came by to see the house now we are getting settled. Then a few minutes after that, Corwin and Judy came by to see the house for Corwin's first time. He was traveling on business the day we moved. Brett moved back to Salt Lake from D.C. and he and Rob came out with Corwin and Judy. They had nice things to say about the house which helps validate our new purchase.
We've got another week to organize the inside and then there is going to be an urgency to begin working on the yard. There will be so much to do. Aye Carumba.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

All of the toilets were broken?!?!!? That just make me shudder! Good thing you're up to the task of fixing/mending/building/repairing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great accomplishment it will be to make this new house your home.