The best part of this week is that no one from our family had to go to the hospital. This is the first week in 4 that we didn't have to go, so for that I am grateful. Of course we were flooded, so it wasn't a week without struggle.
The highlight of the week was celebrating the 80th birthday of my dear Grandmother Joyce Hort Bryant.
Her children put on quite a production inviting everyone from her TOPS Class, Dialysis nurse, ward members, neighbors, and of course family. There was about 5 times more food than was needed with amazing desserts. My cousin Julie had a beautiful cake made that had 2 pictures of Grandma on it. When she was young, and a more recent picture.
There was a video with pictures of her life and her children and grandchildren, scrapbooks of important happenings including her cosmetology license, report cards, pictures including her in the stake singing mothers choir.
Many people attended to wish Grandma a Happy Birthday and demonstrate their love for her. She was a huge part of my upbringing and I spent a lot of time with her as a baby and even though high school my grandparents lived close enough that I would often ride my bicycle over to their house and visit.
I love you Grandma.
After all of the festivities we had our annual backyard camp out. This year we elected to invite over other fathers and sons. We had 3 other neighbors with their boys. We rode the canoe in the canal in our backyard, rode the ATV, and then played flashlight/talkie talki tag. All the boys had a great time playing with each other and shining their flashlights. Everyone was so tuckered out that we immediately crashed as soon as we laid down.
Backyard camping is the best of sleeping outdoors and modern conveniences. I stayed abreast with Facebook laying next to the boys as they slept. I'm actually looking forward to doing it again next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awesome tribure to Grandma. Thanks for taking the pictures and helping out. Sure sounds like the campout was fun.
ReplyDelete