We enjoyed socializing with the neighbors and Grandma Bryant who also came to the game.
Each year our Stake puts on a Stake Fair. It's a community event where Brother Bailey can show off his prized tomatoes and Brother Richards displays the Green Peppers from his garden. There was an area for homemade quilts, bottled preserves, and handouts on preparedness. Each ward makes a stone soup, where the only ingredients are a small stone and anything you can grow in your garden. An award is given to the best soup. Hot dogs, grilled corn on the cob, and popcorn are all provided by the stake.
There was a hayride.
Cotton-candy
This year the day's event began with a 5K. For the first year there were about 100 people that participated. The men from our running group ran and did very well. We took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 6th! I finished 3rd and it was all I could do to keep the 4th place finisher behind me. We had quite the sprint off at the end and I'm glad he pushed me like he did. I haven't finished a race in such an exciting fashion for a long time.
Here is an updated photo of baby Alyssa.
Each year our Stake puts on a Stake Fair. It's a community event where Brother Bailey can show off his prized tomatoes and Brother Richards displays the Green Peppers from his garden. There was an area for homemade quilts, bottled preserves, and handouts on preparedness. Each ward makes a stone soup, where the only ingredients are a small stone and anything you can grow in your garden. An award is given to the best soup. Hot dogs, grilled corn on the cob, and popcorn are all provided by the stake.
There was a hayride.
Cotton-candy
And a craft. Build a bug where children made critters with egg cartons, pipe-cleaners, glue and sprinkles.
This year the day's event began with a 5K. For the first year there were about 100 people that participated. The men from our running group ran and did very well. We took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 6th! I finished 3rd and it was all I could do to keep the 4th place finisher behind me. We had quite the sprint off at the end and I'm glad he pushed me like he did. I haven't finished a race in such an exciting fashion for a long time.
Here is an updated photo of baby Alyssa.

I had so much fun catching up and reading all of your most recent blogs, such a perfect cute family, I absolutely enjoyed every bit of it! You guys are awesome, a lot of "medical things" make life interesting?! You handled it all well! Your fair sounded fun, and I had no clue about Landon's injury, good to hear he was ok! We sure love you all!
ReplyDeleteThey are all so stinkin' cute! Raising children is the best!
ReplyDeleteWe will be doing the soccer thing every Saturday as well. Hayden, Tanner, AND Maren are all playing. Makes for a busy day. Alyssa is growing up...so fun to see.
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling group of people, fun days help us get through not so fun days. You have had quite a month, Sept shall bring new adventures.
ReplyDelete