We began the week on a sad note attending Grandma Bryant's funeral. Grandma passed away on a Thursday and her 2nd son Gary and his wife were leaving on a mission for the church the Monday of the funeral. We attended their mission farewell on the same Sunday of Grandma's viewing. Unfortunately Gary wasn't able to attend the Monday funeral. Here is a picture with Grandma's sons, uncle Mike, Gary, and Dad.
At the viewing before the funeral the boys found the nursery room and practiced public speaking.
The funeral was beautiful. Cousin Colby filled in for his father and summed it up best. "This would have been a very happy day for Grandma, Uncle Mike in a suite, George saying the prayer..." she would have very happy. There were some beautiful musical numbers, a duet of guitar and piano from Becky Jo and Kandis, and Jill played "Beyond the Sunset" on the piano, and some cousins sang. Something I had learned was the Stake President gave Grandma a blessing and when he finished, Grandma said "well I guess I have 2 days left." Neither Dad nor Uncle Mike had heard the Stake President say that in his blessing, and sure enough almost to the hour, Grandma passed away 2 days later.
The funeral was in Grandma's church in West Valley Utah, and we all drove to Cedar City for the internment.
Grandma had a lot of friends in Cedar City and there were a lot of people who attended the graveside service.
Grandma's brother Bud spoke about his sister.
Each brother had a few last words.
Grandma and Grandpa together forever.
The children got a bit restless and loved looking at the headstones in Cedar City's cemetery.
Grandma has meant a lot to me. As her oldest grandchild I felt a special bond and I will miss her.

No comments:
Post a Comment