Birthday season is in full swing at our house. Yes we just celebrated Landon's birthday, my birthday, had a 10 year anniversary, and now we have Logan's 6th birthday.
Logan is always so fun to buy things for. He is always so grateful and just loves whatever we get him. It's neat to see my son grow into such an independent young man. He is the peacemaker in our house and loves to play and include everyone. We bought him some Pokemon cards, something he has really been into thanks to his friends. He's been watching Super Hero Squad so we got some action figures from that show, some real tools just like the ones Landon got, and some clothes.
Jill really likes our children to wear nice clothes. This of course isn't what the kids want to wear. They would rather wear Transformer shoes, and Action Figure shirts. For his Birthday we relented and gave in so he could wear something he likes to school every now and then.
Rather than a friend party this year we opted for a smaller family gathering. Our boys will always be forced to celebrate their birthdays together with the Bunkall's and the Bryant's. It's so convenient and their Birthday's are so close together. Jill prepared a tasty ravioli dish for both families.
Cousins Addison and Hudson got to sit with the birthday boys at the party table.
Of course the boys love present time.
Thanks to all the family who came to make the boys feel special on their birthday. For dessert Jill made a delicious birthday cake with a popular phrase from their show Super Hero Squad. When there is a job to do they always so, "alright Squadies, it's time to Hero Up!"
Other happenings this week include getting a text last Sunday from my brother telling me that he has received a new church calling. He's now in the bishopric in his ward in Pleasant Grove. Jake is an amazing man and I've been predicting it now for a while, so if has finally happened. I'm sure it will change his already busy life in so many ways. He will do a terrific job and I'm proud of him. It sure is a sign that I'm getting older.
A philosophical thought I've been having of late has to do with time and space. I have a theory that no matter the time, all 5 people who live in our home are no further away that a 5 foot radius. It blows my mind that with separate bedrooms, a toy room, and a big family room, all 5 family members who reside in the home are all within such close proximity. It's something I should count as a blessing because I'm sure in no time kids will want to be alone and away from their overbearing "mom and dad." But for now it's exhausting. I think I need a time out.
Now birthdays are over we are able to focus more on preparing for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We've beautified our family room this week to finish it up for the beginning of Thanksgiving. Saturday was nice so I hung Christmas lights on the house, and with a few other preparations we look forward to having Thanksgiving and Christmas in our new home.

Nice update. It's been a busy time for your family. Sadly all the celebrating will be over way too soon and then it will be boring January.
ReplyDelete