Friday, January 7, 2011

Disneyland Vacation Day 6

Day 6 didn't go exactly as planned.  As the day begun Aaron and I went on a short run through Downtown Disney.  All the Roundy's were feeling ill, so Aaron and I did a very short run together.  When we got back all the children were awake.  We could look down from our room onto the Buxton van so we knew when they were getting ready to leave.  At 8:00 a.m. I took the boys down to to say goodbye. It's cute to see them hug goodbye.  As we got back up to our hotel room, Logan put up the door-stop and went outside in the hallway.  I coerced him into the room and asked him what was wrong.  I could tell something was bothering him because his shoulders were slumped, and that's a dead giveaway when he's not well.  He started crying real tears because he already "missed his cousins". He was really upset and it took a while to consul him.  He sure love his Buxton cousins and will miss them until we go to Snowbird in the summer. 

After the goodbye's, I went down to pick up a few pieces of luggage I had kept in the van so we could pack up.  I knew something was wrong when the van wouldn't unlock with the key fob.  Sure enough the battery was dead.  After asking around the good people in the parking lot, I was able to find some jumper cables and get the van running again.  With 100,000 miles on the van now, it's definitely time to trade it in. 

We checked out just after 11:00 a.m. and drove down to Newport beach where we checked out our new hotel for the night.  It's a gorgeous resort called Newport Beach Coastal Villas.  

Lunch today was at a classic hamburger joint called Ruby's.  Great food and the kids just love eating corn dogs and fries.  This week hasn't been the best for their nutrition. The kids loved the restaurant because they had a really cool paper car project where they built the paper car and modified it with stickers. 


Then Amy wanted to see Laguna Beach.  It was a bit cold, but that didn't stop the boys from wanting to get into the water.


The picture almost doesn't look real.  We loved being by the water and having temperatures in the 60's rather than in the teen's like it is back home.




This was such a beautiful beach.  All the cars in this city were high end BMW's and Mercedes. This is a very nice city.


Monday when the boys went to the beach they played the game "Incoming!" Today was no different.


We walked out to where the water receeded, then as the waves came in we ran away yelling "Incoming!"


Then we had to swim in the beautiful pools of our hotel.  The water was so warm, I love heated pools.


You could see the ocean right over the swimming pool


It was a much more casual day today, but very nice to wind down from all the action of Disneyland. 

4 comments:

  1. Such a great vacation! I'm ready to go back to Newport and stay in the Resort for a full week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting...we had a great time with the family. Newport looks pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing vacation!! Glad you all had so much fun. What a great idea to have the whole family go on vacation together.

    ReplyDelete