From the time I was in the 3rd grade I have worn glasses. It held me back somewhat as our family moved to Wendover and then to Salt Lake City. Luckily when I was 14 I converted to contact lenses. While most people wear soft lenses, I have worn gas permeable (hard) lenses from that time on. After over 2 decades of wearing corrective lenses the timing was right to have LASIK eye surgery.
Jill's cousin, Kevin Shosted, is an optometrist, and part of the time he works at Lasik Plus. Doctor Thompson runs the laser, and Kevin prepares the patients for the surgery. The procedure went very smoothly and there was some discomfort, but it was absolutely worth it.
The first night I went right to bed and slept most of the night. I will be putting eye drops in my eyes for the better part of a month, but the very next day my eyes were 20/20. I have no idea what 20/20 actually means, but my eyes see really well now.
Jill still takes random pictures of Alyssa and here she is showing off some of her styln' headbands.
This week the boys started doing some exercises in the evening. The boys are doing jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, and running on the treadmill. Here is Logan who did 101 sit ups! I couldn't believe he could do so many. The boys come with me to Scouts where twice a year we practice these exercises. Little did I know Logan could do so many sit ups.
The boys love running on the treadmill.
Landon can run up to 5 mph and he would like to go faster. Maybe when he gets older.
Less than 24 hours after the eye surgery I was able to coach Logan's basketball game, and work on a project for the yard. For Christmas Grandma and Grandpa Bryant got the kids a swing set. It's a really nice one, that required "some assembly."
The boys were able to help me, they love using their "real tools," but Jill only got pictures of me putting on the finishing touches.
Sure it's January but as the temperatures are warming up into the high 30's, the boys need to get out and burn off some calories. Playing in the backyard is a terrific means to that end.
You can see the swing set is huge!
To get the boys outside, I also set up the trampoline for the year. It's still pretty cold, but we should be over the hump of the coldest time of the year. A friend of mine has a a motto for raising their children "no child left inside." We've been cooped up for so long it's so nice to get back outside.
Lastly, this week was Dad's and Donuts at Logan's elementary school. Landon came along with me, and we ate donuts and read a book before school started. I was able to meet Logan's teacher and a few of his friends.

What an amazing week. Adorable pictures. So glad the eye surgery went well. No pictures of Jill???
ReplyDeleteI have to say I'm totally jealous you had lasik done! We will have to chat more about that next time I see ya. I've really wanted to have it done. I've worn glasses since the 2nd grade and have terrible eyesite. I always joke I wouldn't know what to do if I woke up in the mornings and could just see! Still grateful for technology of contacts, but to have 20/20 would be AMAZING! Glad it went well. I'll have to have Kevin help me out some day too.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the surgery went well so we can still be friends. :) Glad you're enjoying the gift of sight!
ReplyDeleteCamille - I guess if things had gone awry it could have been really weird between us. It will be even more fun to SEE you at the next family get together.
ReplyDeleteLove the shot of the boys running on the treadmill. Glad the surgery went well. One day I'm going to get it, hopefully :)
ReplyDeleteI'm ready to get our tramp up to so I can send Addison outside to play. This year we may just need to get a swing-set, looks like the boys enjoy their new one.