Monday, March 8, 2010

Master of the House

What a weekend!  It finally happened.  Jill and I put an offer on this home August 1, 2009.  It's timely that we were able to close on March 3, 2010.  9 months it took to close on this home and what a baby it's turned out to be.

The events that led up to March 3, 2010 required tons of phone calls, emails, and nagging of real estate agents, mortgage brokers, and title companies.  I swear these people do very little to all get their hands on "their cut" of our new home.  I feel like it was me that did so much of the work we were able to finally close in such a timely fashion.  "If it's going to be, it's up to me" is so true.

By closing on Wednesday we were hopefully able to get the keys on Friday.  Of course there was drama at the title company as our loan hadn't funded because of some additional stips that hadn't been satisfied.  What a joke.  Friday at 4:00 p.m. we received word the loan funded and we could move in!  After so much work, rather than being excited I was just angry.

In college a friend told me, "sometimes you have to succeed in spite of people."  Why is it that so often when you want to accomplish something, one has to go through so many people who stand in the way as obstacles?

Now that Jill is officially 6 months pregnant she was full of energy to clean 2 houses and be in charge of boxing up the house and coordinating the move.  She did so much more than I ever would have expected.   Thanks for all your hard work Jill.  In a few years it will be worth it.

We had quite a few neighbors come help, and our family provided so much help we couldn't have done it without you.   Food was provided, help cleaning, moving, and watching kids all to help us move.  Thank you all so much.

We are still settling in and pictures of the new casita will be coming.  There is so much work with buying a home that has been abandoned for a year.  The water softner, automatic garage, toilets, heating and air conditioning, even the vent to the dryer all needed attention and we are just begining to discover all that needs to be done.

With so much more to do I wonder if it's worth it.  I'll need to go back to the last blog entry where I try and convince myself why this was a good move.  

We are so tired.  More to come when I can provide pictures of our Money Pit.

2 comments:

  1. You are too tired to think clearly. Once you rest you will realize what a blessing such a beautiful house is and you are young and have the energy and talent to get it as nice as your last home. I have faith and confidence in your many talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!

    Hang in there--you've always been a go-getter and I'm sure this house will reflect all the love and energy you guys have.

    ReplyDelete