Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Rain's Came Down and the Floods Came Up

I'd like to insert an additional post to my regularly scheduled weekly blog.  Today at work I got the dreaded phone call from Jill.  It was 4:00 p.m. when she called , and no Jill isn't pregnant again, rather with the huge downpour of rain today our basement flooded!

Most of our effects are in plastic bins so this flood could have been much worse.  But there were still quite a few boxes that soaked up the water and were ruined.

By the time I got home Jill had already done the majority of the clean up.


Here she is by the window that filled like a fish bowl and soaked our basement.

I filled in to vacuum up the remaining water and help dispose of all of the wet boxes.


Landon is such a big helper. Whenever there is a job to be done, he loves helping out.

Everything is drying out right now and we should have our basement back to the stacked bins that we have loved since moving in 6 months ago.

5 comments:

  1. Sheets of rain over in Lehi too. I was driving to the DMV during the middle of it. There were rivers running down the sides of the road. Crazy! So sorry for your flood. Hope nothing valuable got damaged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that stinks! Sorry to hear your basement flooded. That was a crazy storm that went through for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad most of your stuff was okay. That must have been some storm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That happened to us in our house in riverton years ago. The rain came so fast and filled up the window but in our case it shattered while I was standing by it. No one was hurt but what a gush of water that came into our basement. I am glad your things and everyone were ok. Love you guys and hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, this might be the one and only reason that I don't miss Utah at times...we live in a "no floods here never ever ever" zone. Glad you got it all taken care of. Tell Jill she's not supposed to be so skinny and cute this quickly after giving birth.

    ReplyDelete