It's birthday season in our house. Poor Jill has to worry about three birthday's, an anniversary, and halloween before she can even think about Thanksgiving and Christmas.
October 29th was the 39th time I celebrated my birthday. It's so hard to believe that I'm getting as old as I am. It's caused me to think about next year and entering my 4th decade. I've been thinking real hard as to how what my midlife crisis will be. I'm still not 100% sure, but I can't help but think that it will have a motor. But I digress. Back to this year, each birthday in our house the person gets a poster on the wall.
I had to go to work on my birthday, but when I came home the kids were very nice and even had some terrific presents for me.
My big present was Bose headphones. Because of all of my travel this month I picked them out (and used them) about a month ago.
That night the kids begged me to carve pumpkins with them.
Logan is so artistic and imaginative. This year he wanted to carve out a bat for his pumpkin, so naturally his brother also wanted to make a bat. Logan's strength is his imagination and creativeness and Landon loved rolling up his sleeves and getting his hands dirty (Logan made us clean out his pumpkin).
Wednesday was Halloween. For years I have taken the kids out trick or treating while Jill hands out candy from the house. We kept our roles for this year again and it was so much fun seeing the kids run from house to house. Little Alyssa did such a good job of going up to each house and saying "trick or treat". After stopping at one house with a dog, every house after that Alyssa would stop before going up to the house and ask "dog?". I would tell her "no dog" and she would go up to the door.
We started as just our family, and the boys kept complaining how they wanted to trick or treat with their friends. Halfway through the night we ran into some of their friends and they had so much more fun. Alyssa did so well at keeping up with her brothers. She loves getting "Can ee".
Saturday was Landon's 6th birthday! For months he has been counting down days until his birthday. The night before he could hardly sleep he was so excited. He wanted to wake up with us singing "happy birthday" to him. Unfortunately he woke up before anyone could sing to him. We sang to him plenty of times throughout the day.
Landon's birthday poster is in the background.
Poor Alyssa was so sad that she couldn't open any of Landon's presents.
Landon wanted to go to Arctic Circle for dinner and eat a cheeseburger. Then we went down to Provo to see a BYU basketball game. At school it was Landon's turn to have Kinder-Bear (a traveling bear that kids get to take home and take on an adventure), so we took it to the game.
It was tough for Landon to focus at the game for a long period of time. Luckily there weren't many people at the game so Landon had plenty of room to run up and down the stairs and get his wiggles out. BYU won the game in a blowout.
Another reason Landon was excited to go to the BYU game was so he and Logan could stay up late. We try and get them to bed at 8:00 p.m. but it's usually 8:30 p.m. when they get to bed. On his birthday it was 10:00 p.m. before they got to bed.
Then Sunday at Grandma and Grandpa Bryant's house for dinner we celebrated Landon's birthday too. We also celebrated Kandis, Becky Jo, and Brooklyn's too.
Turning 39 reminded me that it was 20 years ago I bought my missionary suite from Mister Mac. One of my birthday surprises was to put on the mission suite and it still fits like a glove...... well almost.
I did wear it to church to show off to my running friends that it still fits. The suite is still in great condition too. I wore it in the MTC but when I got to Ecuador I checked it into the huge missionary closet full of suits and picked it up again just before I came home. I'm hoping it still fits 20 more years from now.



No comments:
Post a Comment