Testing negative for the cancer gene is terrific news not only for Jill but also for her sisters, cousins, aunts, and hopefully, daughter. If Jill had the cancer gene, it would mean that she would have roughly an 80% chance of getting cancer again. She still has an increased chance of getting cancer again because she has had it once, but now with annual checkups the doctors should catch it in time.
Dr. Lloyd still believes that the cancer is limited to DCIS and has not spread throughout her body. After surgery she will examine a couple of lymph nodes and closely examine the lump to confirm there is no invasive cancer. We continue to believe that after surgery Jill will be back to normal.
There is a chance of moving the surgery date up, but as it stands Jill is slated for a double mastectomy on December 3rd. She should be fine for the Christmas holiday, however the doctor told her she can't do any house work, cleaning, laundry, or lifting of children for 2 weeks.
A husband has to wonder if the "woman" doctor isn't in cahoots with her "women" patients, to give them a much deserved break. Two weeks of no laundry, no cooking, cleaning, or lifting children? Clearly I am going to have to order lots of take out, buy more clothes, and possibly hire a nanny!
We have pretty traditional roles and Jill takes amazing care of our family. She deserves this break and I will polish up my skills around the house. Our ward and family has already been amazing and will help lighten my load.
We don't plan on having too many updates for a while. Perhaps I can update with a regular post showing pictures of Logan on his first day of scouts.

Yeah I am so grateful for wonderful news. Jill is amazing. Thanks for all the updates and look forward to hear about logan's first day of scouts.
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up and I appreciate your sense of humor in all situations. I'm there for your family at ant time of day or night.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I love these updates. I have been all a flutter with worry.
ReplyDeleteSecond, don't you dare get take out! You get your RS to help with meals and let them take care of you all for a bit!
Third, or you do some of the cooking, too!
Fourth, Aunt Ellen is my favorite.