At the youth auction I had the winning bid for Jazz tickets. They were in the lower bowl and the seats were really great. Jill and I had a terrific time relaxing together and talking. So often we are with the children and my favorite line is, "I'll talk to you tonight at 11:00 p.m." We enjoyed the game but mostly being together was really nice.
March is a good time to fly a kite. I helped Alyssa fly her Frozen kite one day, but the wind wasn't really strong. Every kid knows that if you run, you can help the kite hold the air that it needs. Running helps the kite fly, but you always get tired. Well, without any prompting at all, Landon went and got his Christmas present Segway. It was the perfect solution for flying a kite when there isn't very much wind. It was brilliant!
We had a quiet St. Patrick's day holiday compared to other years. We celebrated quietly at home, but of course we still had green slush and green French bread for toasted ham and cheese sandwiches.
For March Madness basketball I got out all of the shirts that I have for teams that are in the tournament. I wore them to work the week that the team played, which was kind of fun.
Logan's church basketball team is really good. They won the stake level of play and when they got to the region tournament, they dominated there, too. I don't think any of the games were very close up until the championship game. Ironically enough, in the region championship we played another team from our stake. I took video of the game and Ben Barlow took some good still shots. I used his pictures of Logan in action.
Their team designed jerseys one week for Mutual. For some reason, they decided to put Muppet characters on them. Logan had to leave early, but the rest of the team finished choosing nicknames for everybody. Logan's nickname is Pepe.
Logan isn't the player with the most points, but he does a really good job of plugging up the lanes and he is really good as a passing option. The guards can penetrate and pass to Logan, who can find someone open and score when needed. His team was a lot of fun to watch this season. Of course most of these boys were on our Jr. Jazz team for seven years, so I taught them everything they know! :) It was exciting to see them do so well and to win the region championship!
Landon was also able to play church ball this year. The deacons are a smaller group, so they were combined with another ward. The team played pretty well together and were also able to play in the region tournament. Landon enjoyed playing more basketball, but preferred the intensity of our Jr. Jazz team.
Logan's friend Hyrum is beginning to act. Oquirrh Hills Middle School put on a production of Pirates of Penzance. Since Hyrum had a pretty big role, so we went to support him. He did a terrific job.
Logan is getting pretty good at the trumpet. His band had a Spring concert in March. Of course, he played really well. After listening to him practice at home, it's always fun to hear his trumpet notes as part of a bigger band sound.
Landon's class had a field trip to the zoo and Jill got to be one of the chaperones. The teacher loves it when Jill can help because Landon's best buddies are a bit excitable. Jill does a great job watching Landon's friends, allowing the teacher to focus on the rest of the class. Landon's teacher added a couple of girls to calm the boys down. It seemed to work; they didn't want to be as crazy around the girls!



























No comments:
Post a Comment