Sunday, August 4, 2019

Vegas, Golf, Camping, Donuts, and Basketball

EnerBank participated in the Kitchen and Bath show in Las Vegas.  I went, along with several work colleagues, and it was really neat. 



One night for dinner we at the the Hofbrauhaus (pronounced Hof Bro House).  It was so much fun and the food was good, too.  One of my coworkers put on a show and wanted to bet me on a basketball game.  I don't gamble but hey, when in Vegas.  So I took the bet, and here are my winnings! 


It's been such a cold and crazy wet winter, and even snowed during my trip.  This is one of two times it has snowed in Las Vegas during the last 20 years!  I grabbed a picture of it because it's so rare.  When it was time to fly home, the weather caused all sorts of problems.  Southwest flights were cancelled, which meant my coworkers had to fly home the next day.  Thankfully, my Delta flight was only delayed and I was still able to return home, almost on time.


Skiing is something I really enjoyed when I was a teenager.  It's time to teach my children how to ski.  I rented Logan some skis and he enjoyed trying them on.  Sadly this picture is the closest he came to skiing for a while.  We drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon, but the traffic was crazy and the parking was even worse.  We couldn't find a place to park at all.  I vowed to never go to a ski resort again on a Saturday.  A few weeks later, he and I went night skiing and it was a much better experience.


EnerBank had a work party at Top Golf.  It was so much fun. Jill hasn't ever golfed before but doesn't she look like a natural?


I enjoy golfing and while I don't do it very often, it's fun to get out. We had a fun night out and will have to go back one day. 


Landon had a "campout" at Crystal Hot Springs.  They spent the early evening swimming and having a great time, and then drove to Cache Valley.  Rather than camp outside, they slept in Jon Yonk's parents' basement.  The boys stayed up until 4:00 a.m. and had so much fun.  Of course, the next day was rough.  Landon came home and collapsed on the couch for a nap.  He was tired and a bit cranky the rest of the day.  We will encourage him to go to bed earlier at the next scout camp.  This picture was the taken in the morning when the boys had finally fallen asleep.


Minutes with Mom is a favorite activity at Riverton Elementary.  Jill took Landon and Alyssa to school at 7:30 and they ate a donut together, after picking up their new books.  It's been a fun tradition through the years, although it is a bit different now.  When the kids were young, they were happy to stay with Jill and read their new book.  Now, they want to find their friends and go out to play!   It's a bit strange to do things like this and realize it's Landon's last time.  Next year, it will just be Alyssa at Minutes with Mom.



At the end of February we celebrated Landon's Jr. Jazz basketball season.  We had sandwiches again and a cake and the boys had fun watching their highlight video.  We had a terrific season and the boys are all really great.


No comments:

Post a Comment