Each year our ward has a fund raiser auction where items are auctioned off and the youth provide a dinner. The youth then use the funds for activities throughout the year. I bid on a few things and won the bid for Jazz tickets. They seemed like good seats and Jill and I are excited to use them on a fun date. I also paid for flags to be put up in the yard for patriotic holidays. Jill, Logan, and Landon were able to help out with the dinner. Jill helped in the kitchen and Logan was able to help serve the food. Landon, as a deacon, was asked to help babysit younger children in the neighborhood. He joined with his friend, Jace, to tend their sisters at our house, along with a few other kids. Logan also helped the other servers as they passed out items that were auctioned off. The servers were all lined up and I couldn't resist taking this picture.
Since my first attempt teaching my kids to ski didn't turn out, I decided to try night skiing. Landon got to the slopes first because Logan wanted to stay back and go to the stake dance. It's cute that our oldest son is wanting to go to dances! It worked out well, though, because my plan is to take them one at a time so I can teach them how to ski. To try and teach more than one would be difficult.
We stopped to rent skis and then drove up to Brighton. Landon has always picked up sports so quickly, so I assumed he would be a natural. It took a while, but he got to be pretty good. But, it didn't come without struggling. After the first time down the hill, he fought with the skis so hard and he was really frustrated. He saw a young child skiing and said, "I'll never be that good." But by the end of the night he was doing as well as that young boy. Landon did get the hang of it and was doing really well by the end of the night. He liked to point out he only fell once on his third time down the hill. Each time he would fall a time or two, but he kept getting better and better. It was really great spending some time with him on the slopes and bonding.
The Grens blessed baby Maverick on March 3rd. He sure is a handsome little man. We were so happy that we could join them on such a big day.
One week after taking Landon, I was able to take Logan skiing for his first time. He too struggled the first time or two down the hill, but he picked it up really well. We have a really good system dialed in now. We pick up skis at Scheel's around 2:00 p.m. and then head up Big Cottonwood Canyon. We buy tickets and have everything ready so we can ski right at 4:00 p.m. when night skiing starts. I loved spending time with Logan and teaching him how to ski. He was doing really well by the end of the night. I plan to take Alyssa next.
Winter selfie.
Landon and Alyssa had parent teacher conferences. Both of their teachers told Jill what a wonderful job they are doing in class and what wonderful students they are. Jill snapped this picture of Alyssa, outside of her classroom. Her class had painted dragons for an art project.
Our cute niece, Brinlyn, was in a school play based on King Arthur. Sweet Brinlyn played the villain! I was out of town traveling on business, but Jill and the children went down to support her. Their elementary school does such an amazing job with their productions.











No comments:
Post a Comment