For over a year now I've wanted to run power to the shed in the backyard. The ground can be so hard, though, so I've been waiting for spring when the dirt is soft. This spring was my year. I dug a trench to the backyard and Kent Candrian from our neighborhood ran the electrical from our house to the shed. It's going to be so nice now having power back there to charge batteries and to see at night. Also with an external plug, I would like to put up some holiday lights in the winter. The possibilities are endless now that I have power!
After taking Logan and Landon skiing, it was finally Alyssa's turn on March 23rd. She had such a good attitude about going. I decided to let Logan tag along, too, so he could get some extra practice.
She looked adorable up on the slopes. She struggled like the boys the first time down, but she did get better. Then, for some reason, she told herself that she couldn't do it and it got worse from there. She is so cute and we did have a fun time together, but in the end she was tired and didn't come away with the best memory of skiing. Hopefully next year we can give it another try and she can build on what she learned this time.
While we were skiing, Landon had a fun scout campout at Goblin Valley. He loves being outside and being active. His leaders said he did really well at being the first hiker to finish each hike. They hiked Wild Horse Canyon on Saturday morning and Landon really enjoyed it. His only disappointment was that the rest of the boys didn't want to hike further.
On the drive home, they celebrated at Wendy's in Price. Landon really enjoyed being with his friends.
March 30th was the Riverton Half Marathon. This year it was just Kent Candrian, Kevin Palmer, and me that ran it. We had fun and I did really well. Chalk up another great race. I finished 39th overall with a time of 1:39:46. Not too bad. Last year I finished with the exact same 1:39 time. So I haven't lost a step!
I love my cheerleading squad. They are always so good to support me in these crazy races.

The Burtons hosted a murder mystery dinner that night at their house. We sure enjoyed being in character and spending time with friends.
Alyssa and Calli Chandler sure love playing together. Here they are being crazy with play dough.
Also, during the last week of March, Alyssa was able to participate in Kids Marketplace at school. It's an activity for all the third graders. They get assigned a "job," are given a "paycheck," and then have to spend their "money" at tables set up around the gym. It encourages them to think about budgeting and learn to make decisions with their money. If they spend all their money on the designer clothes, for example, they may not have enough for the groceries they want to buy. Alyssa was excited to be a Nurse for the day and had a lot of fun with the activity. Jill volunteered at the "furniture store" and had a lot of fun too!
It's time for new glasses! The boys are both in contacts now so it's just Alyssa in glasses. She had been having a hard time seeing, so we knew her prescription had gotten worse. All of our kids are nearsighted, but Alyssa seems destined to be the most nearsighted. She is always excited to pick out a new pair of glasses. She was so happy to be able to see again!



















No comments:
Post a Comment