Time keeps flying by and the next thing I realize is that I'm turning 48 years old! What an amazing life I get to live! I have an amazing wife, terrific children, a challenging career, what more could a man ask for in life? Just before my actual birthday we celebrated with the Bunkall's and I hit the mother lode with Smart Wool socks. I didn't even know I couldn't live without them until now. Mostly I'm a Balega sock guy, but for more dressy occasions Smart Wool is now my favorite.
For my actual birthday I got to start the day with a run and then presents! The boys are already awake and getting ready to go to school, but Alyssa had to wake up early to celebrate my big day. Of course we had cinnamon rolls and I got to open presents!
Jill gave me my new favorite sweater. As a man ages, he does become more cold and with it getting closer to winter, this is a nice thin sweater I can wear over most any shirt.
She also got me a new tripod for my scope. This will come in handy spotting animals and using it with my camera.
We finished the night at my favorite restaurant, Jims! Sadly the boys were going different directions so Alyssa and Jill and I celebrated. As the children get older, they would chose being with friends over having diner with their parents. They really missed out because Jim's was fantastic.
Saturday wrapped up Alyssa's volleyball season. The girls have all gotten so much better and it was fun to coach them. I gave them all a little volleyball bracelet that they could wear as a parting gift. We won most of our games and the girls and I had a blast this season. They are really fun and I'm going to miss them.
The halloween parties have started. Halloween is on Sunday this year, so the school celebrated on Friday. This is our last year of costume parades. Because of COVID the party was outside this year, Jill took this picture of Alyssa with her 6th grade costume. She was an angel and really loved the shoes we got for the costume.
Earlier in the week our church had a costume party too.
Our family pictures came in and we absolutely love them. We chose the canvas wrap pictures and they look really nice in our home.
I'll never get to turn 48 years old again, and it's pretty likely I'm officially past middle age. But who knows maybe I could keep on living well past 100! Although not likely. It's been an amazing life and I have so much more to look forward to!










No comments:
Post a Comment