Our neighbors the Yeagers had an amazing fish fry one night with the most incredible cookout. We played some games and ate an incredible feast! He even grilled some chicken for Jill, but the children and I had a great time eating fish.
September is always our stake fair. It starts with a 5K run and this year Jill and Alyssa ran it. Normally I'll stop by and run the last few miles after a long training run for the St. George marathon, but this year I had an injury and wasn't going to do the marathon. I was beginning to heal by September, but I didn't have time to train for 26 miles. We had a fun and wet time running the 5K. I started slow, but passed quite a few people along the way. I think I finished 2nd out of a small field. It was fun chasing down Alexander Henage! He still beat me, but I really enjoyed chasing him down. I caught him and then he kicked in the final sprint to beat me. Jill and Alyssa did so good running and they got soaked!
Later in the day everyone gathered for some food and games and visiting. Jill and the young women were in charge of cotton candy again this year. She and the Young Women Presidency organized young women from each ward and they made cotton candy all night.
We still enjoyed playing games as a family as the pandemic rages on.
BYU finally beat Utah for the first time in 10 tries and Cougar fans everywhere rejoiced! The final score was 26-17 and as cougar fans we couldn't be more happy. It had been a long decade of losing. The icing on the cake was BYU won big and later Utah would go onto play in the Rose Bowl because they won the Pac 12 conference. BYU had beaten 5 Pac-12 schools this season including Utah. It was so nice to get a win, and this would be the last time we play for a while. BYU will join the Big12 Conference in 2 years and then scheduling games with Utah will be harder.
Logan asked a girl Peyton to go to Homecoming with him. We didn't get a picture of his poster to ask her, but her response to him was 100% YES.
Random business trip picture in Kentucky.












No comments:
Post a Comment